Friday, July 25, 2008

Film Festival ideas

So this next project has got me a bit excited, we are doing a film festival poster. Well, we are doing three. It can be on three films a director did, three films a specific actor did, or three films that all relate to one another. When I first heard of this I wanted to do Clint Eastwood or some sort of tribute to Spaghetti Westerns. Then as I went through it all, I thought "What about Pixar?" then "Johnny Depp movies would be fun.." and of course "Quentin Tarantino would be a fun one too.."

So here's what I'd have

For the Spaghetti Westerns/Clint Easwood I'd do: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly, A Fistful of Dollars, and For a Few Dollars More.

Then for Pixar I'd do: Toy Story, Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles. I might even drop Toy Story and put Wall-e in there for fun.

Johnny Depp movies I'd do: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Ninth Gate.

And finally the Tarantino films would be: Kill Bill, Reservoir Dogs, and Pulp Fiction.

I've been doing some thumbnail sketches on them all to get an idea as to which would be my best bet. All of them I could do passionately, it'd be hard to really pick the one I'd love to do more though. HELP! lol

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would do Tarantino for sure. You could go crazy with that and it would be really fun. There is so much you could do.
-Kim

Patrick Seery said...

Thanks Kim, I was thinking the same thing. Possibly do it all in a black white and red coloring with simple shapes and figures. I only worry other people will want to do Tarantino, and I like being unique. So if anyone else is doing Tarantino I'll do something else.

Anonymous said...

Yah I was thinking of how fun it would be to do Tarantino before you mentioned it in your blog but hopefully no one else will do it.At the same time it would be interesting to see how two people do the same film festival.
-Kim

Patrick Seery said...

Yeah that's true, I just like a large variety of things. But I think it would also be interesting to see others take on the movies as well.